However, Vertu’s monopoly of the luxury phone market is coming to an end with the launch of several new luxury mobile makers, including Gresso, Mobiado and Goldvish. Other mobile phone manufacturers are also partnering with luxury brands to produce a range of premium mobile phones, such as LG and [color:41cf=blue ! important][b][color:41cf=blue ! important][b]Prada[/b][/b], D&G and Motorola, and now Tag Heuer and Modelabs. Finally, there are the ridiculous, super-expensive one-offs, made purely for headline grabbing, such as Goldvish’s “Le Million”, worth a cool $1,000,000. See below for details!
1. Goldvish “Le Million” = $1,000,000
2. Vertu Signature Cobra = $310,000
3. Sony Ericsson Black Diamond = $300,000
With regards to the specifications, don’t expect anything remarkable for your money. It will have Quad-band with Wi-If, an Intel 400Mhz processor running windows mobile 5, and a touch sensitive 2? Screen. It will also include internal memory of 128Mb and will come with a 2Gb SD card for external storage, plus a respectable 4 [color:41cf=blue ! important][color:41cf=blue ! important]megapixel [color:41cf=blue ! important]camera.
The designer Jaren Goh has used some pretty impressive materials for the build, featuring titane with polycarbonate, mirror-finish cladding and diamonds.
4. Vertu Diamond = $88,000
5. Motorola V220 Special Edition = $51,800
6. Gold Edition Nokia 8800 Phone = $2,700
7. Mobiado Professional EM (wood) = $1,900
8. Bang & Olufsen (Samsung) Serene = $1,250
9. Lamborghini 8800 Sirocco from Nokia